In March, MM2020 made significant progress in discussions with service providers about bringing improved internet and cellular service to the Clayton area. A refresh of the MM2020.ca web site is underway and more information will be available in the coming weeks.
- 20 residents have volunteered so far to serve as ‘road representatives’, to inform their neighbours about the project and encourage them to complete our community survey.
- The total number of households in our study area was confirmed at about 600.
- We received completed surveys from 275 residents, representing 200 households in our study area and another 40 households outside our study area.
- We distributed hundreds of Information flyers at the Clayton General Store and through road reps.
- We continued to promote the online Community Survey via the claytonontario.ca website and MM2020 website. We also promoted the survey on the Union Hall outdoor sign during two weeks of March.
- A technical committee was set up to support network design for broadband to Clayton.
- Recruitment of additional volunteer road reps
- Implement a communication strategy to tell our stories of inadequate internet and cellular service
- Presentation to Mississippi Mills Council on April 17th
- Plan a Community BBQ in late May to promote the project